Heading into a turning point in my life I find myself reminiscing when I was your ages as you three are about to turn 24, 22, and 20. I remember those times were turning points in my life.
At age 20 I had moved over 2,000 miles to Chicago for school. I left your Grandma crying on the front porch as I embarked on a new journey in life - much like one of you did a couple of days ago. Only tears were shed by you and Dad - mine came later. That was a tough year - it was fun and I learned a lot, but it was tough without my Mom and Dad there at a moment's notice. But that adventure ended and I headed home a year or so later. Just a couple of months later fell in love and got hitched with your Dad and started my new life at age 22. And what newly married people do for the next several months resulted in our first beautiful daughter, and I was changed forever. That was my 24th year.
Not that you all will mirror any of my turning points, but you might! And really if you look at it, one of you has a 4 1/2 month old at almost 24, one of you has a serious boyfriend at almost 22, and one of you just flew the coop to literally fly 2,500 miles away. Sooooo ......
Just funny, is all, at how things turn out, and how we think we might do one thing and end up doing another. So, because I'm still Mom I'd like to add this:
You can plan and save and desire, yet when it all comes down to it
"We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it." Proverbs 16:9 (MSG)
I love you to the fridge and back,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment